Groups & Business Opportunities
Here is a list of upcoming events and projects that we are looking for volunteer support. Please contact Sophia de Vries, Fund Development Manager, at 815-271-5444, x26 or e-mail her at sdevries@HOSparrow.org for more information.
For on-going/individual volunteer opportunities, please visit our Volunteer page.
Home of the Sparrow
Volunteer Needs and Projects
1. Event Committee Members
• Looking for volunteers to serve on our events committee to help plan our fundraising events. We will be hosting four events. Volunteers will help plan the events and also request and collect items for silent auctions and raffle baskets.
• Looking for volunteers to join our Friends of Home of the Sparrow, Barrington. Women’s auxiliary group who puts on fundraising events for our agency. Volunteers can join the group and help plan events.
• Looking for volunteers to head up and start a women’s auxiliary group call Friends West. This group of women will focus on recruiting volunteers and building relationships with local establishments from the western part of McHenry County in order to not cross over with our Friends of Home of the Sparrow group in the Barrington area. This group will help put on 3rd party fundraising events for our agency.
2. Business Partnerships
• Looking for business partnerships to host donation drives or clothing drives at their place of business.
• Develop internship programs for our resident to experience a job area/position. To give our residents exposure or possible job experience in entry level positions.
• Develop and setup employee giving or employee match program for employees to donate to Home of the Sparrow.
3. Group Projects- Shelter/Housing Units
• Seeking volunteers to help with power washing exterior of shelters.
• Spreading mulch and brush cleanup.
• Clear staining play equipment, fence, etc.
• Patching and painting interior rooms.
• Planting perennials, planters, and vegetables.