Sparrow’s Nest Thrift Stores & Donation Centers-store volunteers help with sorting donations, pricing items, and merchandising on floor. Store locations: Algonquin, Cary, McHenry, Mundelein, Palatine and Woodstock
Headquarter Office - Located in McHenry – Administrative support- Assist with answering the phones, greeting donors, filing , data base entry, administrative projects. Right now we especially need volunteers who can help answer our busy phones with a ” smile in our voice” ! We are looking for Volunteers on Tuesdays 1:00pm – 5:00pm and Thursday 9:00am – 1:00pm and also 1:00pm – 5:00pm .
HOS Ambassadors- join a team of volunteers to represent Home of the Sparrow in the community. Ambassadors will present at chamber meetings, church groups, volunteer expos, youth groups or civic groups. Training will be provided and required.
Shelter – Located in Crystal Lake and McHenry
- Child Care – Play, do crafts, sings songs, and guide children 1-2 hours a week. (Thursday nights 6:15pm-8:15pm)
- Book Buddy – Interact and work with individual child to instill a love of reading. (Tuesday nights 6:45pm-8:15pm) only during the school year.
- Shelter Volunteer – Monitor and supervise the shelter. Oversee interactions between residents when issues arise.
Other Ways to Help-
- Host your own fundraiser to benefit Home of the Sparrow.
- Start your own auxiliary group with your friends to fundraise for our women and children.
- Check to see if your employer has a matching fund program.
- Invite us to speak at your house of worship, school or to your group to raise awareness and provide volunteer opportunities.
- Shop and donate gently used items to our stores.
- Leave a bequest or legacy and include a contribution to Home of the Sparrow.
- Invite HOS Representatives to speak to your social, civic or religious organization.
Support our Mission and come volunteer today!
Please call Teagen Andrews, Volunteer Coordinator at 815-271-5444 x24 or email her at tandrews@HOSparrow.org
To begin volunteering, Please click here to fill out the volunteer application forms needed.