Call Teagen Andrews, Volunteer Program Coordinator, at: 815-271-5444, x24 or e-mail her at tandrews@HOSparrow.org
Volunteer Special Projects and Opportunities
Event Volunteers-volunteers help with anything from registration, check-in/check-out, silent/live auction, and raffle ticket sales at our upcoming events:
- The Phantom of the Opera Concert & Masquerade Gala-Barrington Hills – May 17, 2014
- Fair Diddley- Woodstock Square – May 18, 2014
- Golf Outing at Bull Valley Golf Club-Woodstock – August 25, 2014
- 5K Zombie Run & 1 Mile Walk-Woodstock – October 25, 2014
Sparrow’s Nest Thrift Stores & Donation Centers-store volunteers help with sorting donations, pricing items, and merchandising on floor. Store locations: Algonquin, Cary, McHenry, Palatine, Woodstock, Mundelein (Grand Opening May).
HOS Ambassadors- join a team of volunteers to represent Home of the Sparrow in the community. Ambassadors will present at chamber meetings, church groups, volunteer expos, youth groups or civic groups. Training will be provided and required.
Committee Members- join our volunteers to help plan for upcoming fundraising events. Seeking volunteers who enjoy golfing and Halloween fun.
Shelter and Housing Unit Needs- all of our locations are in need of spring clean-up.
- McHenry Projects-power washing, clear stain playground equipment, trimming and removing trees, laying much, designing and building landscape berm, painting interior rooms, carpet removing and laminate floor installation.
- Crystal Lake Projects-power washing, laying mulch, clear stain playground equipment, and painting interior rooms.
- Fox River Grove Projects-laying mulch and planting perennials.
- Algonquin Projects-laying mulch, trimming and removing trees, clear stain playground equipment, and painting interior rooms.
Other Ways to Help-
- Host your own fundraiser to benefit Home of the Sparrow.
- Start your own auxiliary group with your friends to fundraise for our women and children.
- Check to see if your employer has a matching fund program.
- Invite us to speak at your house of worship, school or to your group to raise awareness and provide volunteer opportunities.
- Shop and donate gently used items to our stores.
- Leave a bequest or legacy and include a contribution to Home of the Sparrow.