Weekend Shelter Staff – Part-time – 2 positions
Schedule: There are two shifts we are looking to fill:
(Sat. & Sun., 7:00 am – 3:30 pm) & (Sat. & Sun., 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm)
Shelter Staff provides client-centered consultation and community support to clients at the Transitional Shelter. This position reports to the Shelter Manager.
- Meets with the Shelter Manager at least monthly for supervision.
- Upholds Home of the Sparrow Rules, as defined by the Shelter Rules and Philosophy document.
- Follows emergency procedures as needed.
- Relates positively to the community, representing HOS in a positive manner at all times.
- Assists in preparing rooms, binders, etc. for resident move-ins and move-outs as directed by the Shelter Manager.
- Attends and fully participates in all scheduled trainings as required by the agency.
- Follows clients Individual Plans carefully.
- Provides Case Management, Client-Centered Consultation, and Community Support Services to assigned clients weekly (and/or as needed).
- Documents and bills all client interventions appropriately in client charts.
- Advocates on behalf of clients when indicated.
- Provides transportation for clients as it pertains to their Individual Plans.
- Completes all weekly shelter duties as assigned by the Shelter Manager.
- Conducts weekly Safety and Maintenance Inspections.
- Counts Petty Cash each shift.
- Helps ensure that the shelter is clean, safe, and in good repair.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people;
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Previous experience working with high barrier populations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
Home of the Sparrow follows all CDC and local health department guidelines regarding COVID-19. Face coverings, gloves, and hand sanitizer are available for all staff.
*Please send a resume to email@example.com.
Home of the Sparrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.