Retail Operation Manager
Headquarters/Sparrows Nest Thrift Store and Donation Center locations
Full-Time (non-exempt) – Non-supervisory position
The Retail Accounting Representative is an all-encompassing role that will provide general retail accounting support to Home of the Sparrow’s, “Sparrow’s Nest Thrift Stores and Donation Centers”, and backup to the Accounting Department.
- Coordinate and pick up daily store envelopes from our seven thrift stores located throughout McHenry, Lake and Cook counties
- Review and reconcile envelopes against the daily store sales spreadsheets
- Work with stores to resolve operational issues
- Provide detail of recurring accounting and operational issues to the Retail Operations Manager to prevent these issues
- Ordering store and office supplies
- eBay Accounting – provide reporting, manage refunds and manage disputes with assistance from our eBay representatives
- Retail Reporting – assist Retail Operation Manager with retail reporting as needed
- Liaison between accounting and retail for credit cards and deposit discrepancies, payroll and timesheet issues, health insurance and policy questions, etc.
- Backup to the Accounting Department – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.
- Administrative work
- Retail experience is a plus
- Must have general accounting knowledge
- Must know QuickBooks
- Must know Microsoft Word and Excel
- Customer Service
- Office equipment operation
- Problem solving (thinking outside the box)
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and reaching are required.
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time