INTERNAL JOB POSTING
Date Posted: 1/21/2019
Open Position: Community & Supportive Housing Coordinator
Status: Full-Time, Regular Employee
Reports To: VP of Program Services
Office Location: McHenry Shelter, community based assignments
Job Purpose: The Community and Supportive Housing Coordinator will provide intensive case management and community support to all clients in our Subsidized Apartment Program, Tenant Based Rental Assistance program, Transitional Housing Rapid Re-Housing program, and Emergency Solutions Grant program.
• Develop program forms and protocols for Tenant Based Rental Assistance program, Transitional Housing Rapid Re-Housing program, and Emergency Solutions Grant program.
• Conduct criteria screenings and in-person interviews with prospective Subsidized Apartment Program, Tenant Based Rental Assistance program, Transitional Housing Rapid Re-Housing program, and Emergency Solutions Grant program clients.
• Process entrance and exit paperwork for SAP, TBRA, THRRH, and ESG clients.
• Coordinate housing search: including call landlords, schedule showings with clients, inspect units to meet agency and grant criteria for housing.
• Market programs to potential participants and community agencies.
• Assist TBRA, THRRH, and ESG clients with lease review and understanding.
• Prepare check requisitions for needed financial assistance of TBRA, THRRH, and ESG clients with appropriate receipt documentation.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with area landlords.
• Conduct regular housing visits; ensure that housing units are kept in good condition by the tenant. Coach the tenant in the basic elements of being a good occupant.
• Work with HOS Property Manager for SAP clients.
• Follow grant rules and restrictions as determined by Grant Manager.
• Enter & review HMIS information as needed to ensure data quality for all programs.
• Enter initial client data and monthly interim reports into Service Point HMIS System.
• Continuously collect and analyze data gathered from the projects.
• Meet with VP of Program Services for supervision at least twice monthly.
• Attend and fully participate in all Team Meetings.
• Attend and fully participate in all scheduled trainings required by agency.
• Meet with residents to mutually develop Individual Plans. IPs may be in effect for up to 6 months. Intake Assessment must also be completed within 30 days of intake.
• Follow Individual Plans by providing Case Management, Client Centered Consultation, and Community Support services when indicated, involving other providers or supports as needed. Provide referrals and linkages as needed, provide discharge planning and coordination. Primary focus is to be on housing, removing housing barriers, and obtaining permanent housing.
• Develop positive working relationships with other community providers, including but not limited to substance abuse providers, mental health providers, and employment agencies.
• Provide intensive case management resulting in housing attainment within 60 days of intake for homeless women and children for TBRA, THRRH, and ESG programs.
• Document interventions in resident charts and complete billing in a timely manner.
• Research and follow commonly practiced TBRA, ESG, and rapid re-housing strategies.
• Provide shelter and intake call coverage as needed.
• Provide Aftercare services when needed.
• Relate positively to the community, representing HOS in a positive manner at all times.
Logistics Mover / Driver
Mover-Driver on 16 ft. box van picking up and unloading donations.
Approximately 30 hours per week, over 3-4 days; schedule varies.
Must be available to work Saturdays.
Must have valid Class D driver’s license and be able to lift 100+ lbs.
Please email Resume to humanresources@HOSparrow.org