Seeking for the following open positions:
Home of the Sparrow is currently looking to hire a full-time, Grant Writer to support the activities of fundraising through the Grants Department.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain database of grants; meet application and reporting deadlines for all grants: private, corporate, and government.
- Ensure all reports to funders are done within their specified time frame.
- Work closely with Program Services staff to understand needs and implement grant funding for program needs. Continual research for innovative grant funding resources that include foundation, corporation, federal, state or local opportunities.
- Work closely with Finance department to understand fiscal needs of the agency now & in the future, and collaboratively work with personnel on financial information required for grant applications.
- Work with Volunteer Management to partner on possible grants.
- Research industry trends and evidence-based practices to be aware of possible funding opportunities for HOS programs.
- Utilize HMIS reporting tools and other client information to gather data necessary for existing grants and pursuit of new grants.
- Assist if necessary government Website information: System for Award Management (SAM), ESNAPS, ELOCCS, Illinois Homelessness Report, IDHS, Illinois Centralized Repository Vault (and others as added)
- Potential to take a lead role with the CoC and other community organizations connected with homelessness; promote HOS mission throughout the county.
- Communicate with funders as needed to maintain relationships or foster new relationships
- Assist with monthly billings associated with grant funding as needed.
- Work with marketing team to produce quality products that relay HOS mission and efforts.
- Attend relevant on-going training specific to the position.
- Complete additional assigned duties as assigned.
- A core understanding of homelessness and the means by which social services can work to end homelessness in the community.
- The position involves detailed management and follow-through on paperwork and grant applications.
- Monthly Accounts Receivable Billing functions as well as additional duties to ensure all billing activities are completed in a timely manner.
- This individual will foster relationships with community and funding resource leaders to ensure existing base of resources is maintained while new relationships are developed.
- This individual will act as a community role model and express the core mission and values of Home of the Sparrow in order to develop solutions to end homelessness and poverty.
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Financial acumen
- Time management
- Project management
- The ability to tell compelling stories in grant applications
- Strong computer skills; including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
- Two to five years of work experience in relationship building, writing, and project management, preferably in grant writing, fundraising, or donor/community relations
Home of the Sparrow offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 30% employee discounts
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.