Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt Employee
Reports To: Vice President of Development and Marketing
Location: HOS Headquarters Office
Job Summary: The Development Coordinator shall be committed to serving the mission of Home of the Sparrow, Inc.(HOS). This position is responsible for stewarding the business and fundraising efforts of HOS, including (but not limited to) cultivating new opportunities for organizational/community growth and developing and maintaining positive relationships with donors, connecting volunteers with the mission, and assisting with a variety of tasks in the development department.
- With Volunteer Coordinator, assist in expanding upon and improving strategies for effecting community engagement to raise awareness of mission, specifically with volunteers/donors.
- Identify volunteer opportunities and network to build volunteer pool
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates. Identify community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets and organizations. Maintain schedule of opportunities.
- Establish/maintain effective communication with volunteer/donor pool;
- Develop strategy to ensure volunteer/donor network remains engaged and delighted;
- Participate in development and design of print materials for marketing and related to fundraising, donors, community engagement:
- Program brochures
- Fundraising/annual campaigns
- Annual reports, bi-annual newsletter publication, monthly e-blast
- Assist with Holiday Gift program with all aspects including; adopting out families, giving trees, donation drop-off, pick-up and working with the retail stores.
- Activities include: graphic design, website, store monitors and social media management, displays and presentations. Key responsibilities include:Develop marketing strategy and calendar for organizations including engagement; Chambers, mixers other community events to enhance exposure of the HOS brand.
- Manage social media networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and website content
- Press Releases, client stories and work with local media for exposure
- Develop Video marketing snipets
- Network and engage with other community organizations to increase awareness about mission
- Work with Event manager to develop Cause Marketing and create/implement digital fundraising campaigns: initiate corporate cause marketing items (maybe HOS apparel with their corporate logo and there is one day they wear that shirt and it’s HOS fundraising day people donate to HOS. Friend raising events.
- Speaking Engagements as needed
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Comfortable and confident with public speaking.
- Excellent listener and communicator, who effectively conveys information verbally and written to a variety of constituents.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be a strategic and innovative planner
- Demonstrated ability to influence others to support the organization’s mission a strong and effective advocate
- Successful experience in building relationship across all levels of an organization and in a community
- Experience with fundraising and achieving financial goals
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, or other marketing tools.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, and professional
Education, Skill Requirements:
- Three years related experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven experience
- Ability to create flyers, brochures and marketing materials
- Ability to travel locally for community presentations, with occasional evening or weekend engagements.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs., balance, stoop, and reach when required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.