Upcoming 3rd Party Events
• Visit our 3rd party events page to check out the lastest 3rd party event opportunities!
• Please consider hosting your own 3rd party event! Businesses, clubs, and other organizations can host events to benefit Home of the Sparrow. Funds raised will go to support the agency’s mission. Provides for an excellent community service project for groups to be involved! To hold an event, download our 3rd Party Event Request Form and email to kknighton@HOsparrow.org
• Ambassadors represent Home of the Sparrow in the community by presenting to church, civic and school groups, and attending volunteer expos, and collection/sorting events. Training will be provided.
Event Committee Members
• Help plan our fundraising events, request donations for silent auctions, and assemble raffle baskets.
• Be a part of our Golf Committee for our upcoming Oktoberfest themed Charity Golf Outing on September 11th.
Event Day Volunteers
• Help at our events with decorations, registration, raffle ticket sales, and the silent auction. Current help will be needed at our upcoming Oktoberfest themed Charity Golf Outing on September 11th.
Sparrow’s Nest Thrift Store & Donation Centers
• Help with sorting donations, pricing items, and merchandising on floor.
• Store locations: Algonquin, Cary, McHenry, Mundelein, Palatine, Third Lake and Woodstock.
• Home of the Sparrow is always looking for skilled volunteers to help with special projects at our housing units, shelter, thrift stores and headquarters, on an as needed basis. Some of our needs include, but are not limited to, specialists in:
• Computers/IT/Web Maintenance
• General Contractor