High School Volunteer Program
Our High School Volunteer Program offers students the opportunity to volunteer at our thrift store locations and with special projects at our Headquarters in McHenry. For those completing school-mandated hours, you can sign up for shifts. It’s easy and accessible!
Fill out an application above for more information and to indicate where you would like to volunteer.
Volunteer with a Group, Corporation, or Team!
Based on availability, groups can help volunteer throughout the year in a variety of ways.
- Outdoor projects at the transitional shelter and various housing units: weeding, mulching, cleaning up plant beds, general gardening/planting flowers, pressure washing, staining play equipment/decks, etc.
- Interior painting: patching and painting interior walls of housing units
- Holiday support: Setting up holiday giving trees, putting together wishlist ornaments, general donation sorting, etc.
- Headquarters support: special projects as needed
- Host a donation drive! Collect items from our Shelter Needs Wish List or learn more by submitting an inquiry form by clicking here.
- Events: Volunteer at one of Home of the Sparrow’s annual events
Contact Allyson Gluth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about getting your group involved and connected to Home of the Sparrow!
Develop an employee giving/match program for employees to donate to Home of the Sparrow. For more information about Employee Giving, please contact Debbie DeGraw at DDegraw@hosparrow.org.
Community Awareness and Speaking Engagements
Invite Home of the Sparrow to speak to your company, church, school, or group to raise awareness about our organization, and share our current volunteer opportunities.
Contact Allyson Gluth at email@example.com for more information.