Volunteer Needs and Projects
1. Event Committee Members
- Looking for volunteers to serve on our events committee to help plan our fundraising events in 2015. We will be hosting four events. Volunteers will help plan the events and also request and collect items for silent auctions and raffle baskets.
- Looking for volunteers to join our Friends of Home of the Sparrow, Barrington. Women’s auxiliary group who puts on fundraising events for our agency. Volunteers can join the group and help plan events.
- Looking for volunteers to head up and start a women’s auxiliary group call Friends West. This group of women will focus on recruiting volunteers and building relationships with local establishments from the western part of McHenry County in order to not cross over with our Friends of Home of the Sparrow group in the Barrington area. This group will help put on 3rd party fundraising events for our agency.
2. Business Partnerships
- Provide event day volunteers for major fundraising events.
- Team building/Corporate Service Days.
- Host a donation drive or clothing drive at your place of business.
- Develop internship programs for our residents to provide exposure or possible job experience in entry level positions.
- Develop and setup employee giving or employee match program for employees to donate to Home of the Sparrow.
3. Group Projects- Shelter/Housing Units
- Power washing exterior of shelters.
- Spreading mulch and brush cleanup.
- Clear staining play equipment, fences, etc.
- Patching and painting interior rooms.
- Planting perennials, planters, and vegetables.
4. Join Women’s Auxiliary Group
- Help plan and put on fundraising events to benefit Home of the Sparrow
- Recruit volunteers and build relationships with local establishments
Please call Michelle Lusmann at 815-271-5444 x24 or email her at MLusmann@HOSparrow.org for more information
To volunteer, please click here to fill out the volunteer application.